Sometimes it’s so hard to get up from the couch and go to fitness… I mean, I think we all agree on what is more comfortable, am I right? Especially if you have to go to the gym and it’s cold outside: Thanks, but no thanks! However, it’s super important for your body to get enough exercise for SO many reasons, as Lady Goldapple explained in her blog last week. That’s why I am dedicating this blog to all of you lazy girls to help you get your ass off the couch, YOU CAN DO IT!
1. Get Social! It’s easy to skip a workout if it’s up to yourself. Try to exercise together with a friend: it will be more fun, you can help each other with tips AND it makes it harder to cancel last-minute: your friend is counting on your support!
2. Reward Yourself: Exercising becomes way more interesting if there is a reward ahead of you once you finish. What makes you happy? If you finish your workout you are allowed to enjoy it! Do you like taking naps? Go for it. Perhaps a delicious lunch? Take your time to cook something nice and relax. Watching your favorite series? Check out two chapters instead of one! You will enjoy it more since you feel like you worked for it and really deserved it.
3. Go Oldskool: Make your workout fun by doing one of those oldskool 80’s/90’s fitness videos. They don’t take too long, have nostalgic upbeat music, and don’t forget the oh so amusing exercise outfits! Make this workout even better by asking a friend to join, there is enough to laugh and talk about!
4. Multitask: I love biking in the gym since it gives me free hands to play with my phone or read a book. The time (and calories) will fly without you even noticing! Fitness was never this easy.
5. Exercise with Daily Movements: If you don’t even feel like putting on your workout outfit, try making mini workouts out of your daily routines! Dance like crazy when you go out to party, take the stairs instead of the escalators, and clean your house like your life depends on it!
6. Create Anticipation: Do you like watching series or reading books? If you do, you must be familiar with the crazy anticipation for the next chapter… what is going to happen next time?! Try to use this anticipation to motivate yourself to workout: get an audiobook which you are ONLY allowed to listen to while you are working out, and let’s see how much more hours in the week you will spend on exercise ;)
7. Pay Yourself, Not the Gym: Instead of going to the gym, pay yourself every time you do fitness on your own. It will save you money, and in six months you will be allowed to buy yourself a present with what you have been saving! Keep your motivation strong by imagining what you could do with all that money, it will help you get through a tough workout!