Last night I was going through the YouTube of Demi and I noticed I didn’t see this video yet, but I absolutely LOVE it! In this particular vlog, we are following Demi during her day (including blogging for me, yay!) and a fashion photoshoot. I also added 5 efficient pose tips as extra inspiration, are you ready to rock your vacation pictures? :)
Starting from 1:30 we can see Demi in the photoshoot. I had fun watching her work uncommon outfits and objects such as papers, old mattresses, a bathtub and more. Do you want to learn about how to pose? This is a definite must-watch! Here are some simple tips to help you get started:
1. Never stop moving: if you move from pose to pose it might look very artificial. However, if you slowly move from one pose to another, there are 100’s of extra shots the photographer can make in between which will most likely look more natural! Which brings me to my next point:
2. Act natural: unless you want to shine in a high fashion editorial, it’s not necessary to get into awkward big poses. Just try to do ‘daily’ movements in slowmotion and you’d be surprised how cool it can look. I often ‘fix my sleeves’, touch my hair, walk around, strap my shoes or look around while I’m posing. Give it a try :)
3. Practice in the mirror: I think this might be the most important lesson. After all, practice makes perfect. Learn which angles work for you, find your ‘best side’ and work on your facial expressions.
4. Find the light: this is quite simple. Shadows don’t look good on the picture and is unflattering for your face. Always try to look or lean towards the direction where the light comes from in order to look at your best.
5. Don’t be scared to try something new: even though it is important to act natural while posing. It is also good to get a bit out of your comfort zone every now and then and try something different. Who knows, perhaps you will surprise yourself and find new tricks/ moves that work! Don’t be shy or embarrassed: trust me, I had a lot of BAD looks, but in the end it just shows you what works and what doesn’t.
There you go: 5 simple yet effective tricks! Have fun with your vacay pics this summer :)
Lots of Love,
P.s. If you want more tips, read more about what I learned from this model photography workshop.